Use Vermont Harvest of the Month (VTHOM) original artwork, signage, recipes, and activities to explore, promote, and cook through the Vermont seasons. With a featured harvest each month, VTHOM can provide inspiration for your kitchen & restuarant. Follow the VTHOM calendar to create seasonal, healthy, and delicious menu items. Use our materials to market your restaurant as the go-to spot for local cuisine and as a supporter of Vermont farmers and community.
Great ways to particpate
How you utilize VTHOM materials is up to you. With the resources on this website, you can:
• Sign the Pledge and receive a monthly newsletter.
• Purchase VTHOM posters to display in your kitchen.
• Use VTHOM recipes (or create your own based on the VTHOM calendar) to craft seasonal dishes for your menu.
• Use VTHOM menu inserts or table-top displays as marketing materials (available for free download under the "Monthly Materials" tab).
INCREASE YOUR LOCAL FOOD PROCUREMENT:
• Contact your distributor and ask for local options.
• Go direct to the farmer.
• Explore the local food procurement resource guide in the document below.
• Share the harvest with us on Instagram or on Facebook.
simple tools to get started
From this website you can access all the materials you need to promote local, seasonal eating in your establishment:
DOWNLOAD FREE RESOURCES INCLUDING:
• Recipe cards, activities, and product information
• Table-top displays and menu inserts
• Archived materials for past VTHOM crops
PURCHASE THESE ITEMS:
VTHOM Crop Posters, buy a set of 13 or individual posters.
VTHOM Calendar – the perfect wall hanging!