- 4-5 cups finely sliced or shredded red cabbage
- 4-5 cups finely sliced or shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup slivered green onions
- 2 tsp. minced garlic, pressed to a paste
- 1 hot chili (Thai, jalepeno, etc.), seeded and minced
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. each of chopped fresh mint, cilantro, and basil
- Combine cabbages and green onions in large bowl
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a smaller bowl.
- Toss as much dressing as you like with the cabbage.
- Serve immediately or chill for 1/2 hour.
Adapted from: From Asparagus to Zucchini: A Guide to Cooking Farm-Fresh Seasonal Produce