Easy Swedish meatballs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- Hot boiled noodles
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, egg, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. meatballs, about 24.
- Place in a shallow 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high until meat is no longer pink, 7-1/2 minutes; drain.
- Combine the soup, sour cream, milk, parsley and, if desired, nutmeg; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on high until heated through, 5-6 minutes. Serve with noodles and, if desired, top with parsley.