- 2-3 medium size cooked and pureed beets, to equal 1 cup
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour or All-Purpose Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (I like Ghiardelli brand)
- 2 tablespoons strong black coffee (optional)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F Grease an 8 x 8″ pan. Set aside.
Combine butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, coffee, and beets.
Whisk dry ingredients. Flour and cocoa powder. Fold in beet mixture, add chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting.
Recipe via Early Morning Farm.