- 1 baseball-sized red beet (about 6 ounces), scrubbed
- 1 15½-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ⅓ cup tahini, well mixed
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup ricotta
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated or smashed to a paste with flat side of knife on cutting board
- 1 teaspoon (or more) kosher salt
- 10 cranks freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- Mint leaves, poppy seeds, and olive oil (for serving)
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Wrap beet tightly in foil and place on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast until the tines of a fork slide easily into the center of beet, 60–70 minutes. Let sit until cool enough to handle.
2. Meanwhile, process chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, ricotta, garlic, salt, pepper, and coriander in a food processor until smooth.
3. Using a paper towel, rub beet to remove skin (it should slip off easily and any staining to your hands will be temporary). Trim root end and cut beet into 8 pieces; add to food processor. Process until mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Taste and season with salt, if needed.
4. Transfer hummus to a shallow bowl. Top with mint and poppy seeds and drizzle with oil.
Recipe via BonAppetit