5 cups chopped cantaloupe, about 1 melon
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 sprig fresh mint
- Place all ingredients, except for the mint, in a large bowl and stir.
- Place half the mixture in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour soup into a pitcher, and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Taste and whisk in more cinnamon, honey or even lemon juice if desired. It should taste sweet and tart, with only a hint of cinnamon. Chill the soup until ready to serve.
- Remove the mint leaves from the stem (discard) and stack the leaves on top of each other. Roll lengthwise into a tight roll. Slice crosswise into thin strips.
- Pour the chilled soup into six soup bowls. Garnish each with a sprinkle of shredded mint and serve.