2 pounds English cucumbers, thinly sliced
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped shallots or 1/4 cut chopped purple onion
1 fresh hot chili pepper, finely chopped
1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place sliced cucumber on a platter.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, water and salt in a small saucepan and heat until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place shallots and chili pepper in vinegar mixture and stir.
- Pour mixture over cucumbers just before serving and sprinkle with peanuts and fresh cilantro.