4 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup breadcrumbs
⅓ cup grated hard cheese (Pecorino, parmesan, or whatever you have on hand)
2-3 cups summer squash, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in an ovenproof pan at medium heat. Add onions and, stirring occasionally, cooking until softened and beginning to caramelize (10-15 minutes).
- In a bowl, toss together oil, breadcrumbs, and cheese.
- Add sliced squash to pan, mixing squash and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top squash and onions with breadcrumb mixture, and cook in the oven for ~20-25 minutes, until squash is tender and topping is golden brown in color.
Source: Bon Appetit, edited by GMFTS