Delicata Squash and Chickpea Curry
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 heaped Tablespoons red curry paste
- ½ Tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 medium delicata squash, seeds scraped out and cubed*
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- A handful of cilantro (to garnish)
- Cooked brown rice or quinoa (to serve)
Directions:Add olive oil, garlic, curry paste, and spices to a large pot over medium heat. Sauté spice and oil mixture for 5 minutes until warm and fragrant. Add in tomatoes, coconut milk, cubed squash, cubed eggplant, sea salt, and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, cover with the lid ajar, reduce to a low-simmer and cook for 40 minutes, stirring every now and then.
Add in chickpeas, stir well, and cook for another 10 or so minutes. Curry is done when squash is tender and soft when pierced with a fork. Spoon curry into bowls, garnish with fresh cilantro, and serve with brown rice or quinoa if desired. Enjoy!